Commodity Code Search
Follow these simple rules to better enhance your search results:
There are two code levels:
- Class Level – First 3 digits (group header identified in all caps)
- Item Level – All 5 digits
- Use only numbers in the “Code” field (e.g. “615”)
- Single words work best in the “Key Word” fields (e.g. “classroom,” “supplies,” “paper,” “clips,” etc.)
- Select an item under “Code” by clicking on the line and the information for that selection will be displayed in the right side field under “Search Results”
- Use the F5 key to reset / clear the page and entries
The Purchasing Office has also created a list of some Common Commodity Codes for Admin Support
NOTE: If you have attempted unsuccessfully to locate the commodity code that best represents what you are trying to purchase, submit a request for assistance.
Contract Code Search
Follow these simple rules to better enhance your search results. If you have attempted unsuccessfully to locate contract item that best represents what you are trying to purchase or discover information that is incorrect, submit a request for assistance.
Contract Title: This is the name a contract is identified by (ex. “Administrative and Instructional Contracted Services”)
- Contract Vendor: This is the name of the vendors that currently have contracts with the District
- Manufacturer: This is the name of the manufacturer for the different items awarded
- Description Search (two fields): This is a “free word” search. There are words that are included in the item descriptions, which includes the vendor name, manufacturer, manufacturer stock number, commodity code, the item ID number, etc.). Single words work best in the “Key Word” fields (e.g. “classroom,” “supplies,” “paper,” “clips,” “ABC Furniture Co.,” etc.)
Use the F5 key to reset / clear the page and entries. If you are an end user and not the individual that will be entering the purchasing requisition, a button titled “Print this Page” is located at the bottom of the site to print or electronically save the information. The information should be sufficient for the requisition.